Thursday, August 18, 2011

Forecast: 7-14
Attained: 8-14


Bit of drama at work today.
I was on my own at one of the smaller campuses, and close to knock-off time there was a code red (fire) for the adjoining nursing home. There was no evacuation order so I didn't think anything of it until I wandered out at hometime, or tried to. Big sign at the entrance saying 'NONE SHALL PASS' (I'm paraphrasing, naturally), and big chap saying he couldn't let me out because of the emergency. I was a bit miffed but prepared to wait for the all clear, cos I'm not a maverick, but other staff members, who'd wandered in to the drama in the meantime, were not prepared to put up with that. There was a bit of disbelief, a bit of ineffectual cajoling, then a bit of harrumphing and a declaration that they'd leave by the other exit, then, thank you very much! So I trotted after them - not a maverick, perhaps, but I did want to go home - and just as well I did cos I wouldn't have been able to find this other exit on my own. :) I think there must be an architectural law somewhere that says a hospital must be built like a warren...

No idea if it turned out to be a false alarm or not cos shortly after escaping with the others I was in my car and wending my way homewards.

Also today at work was a charity stall! I stocked up on home-made preserves. Lemon & ginger marmalade, quince jelly and lemon butter! Nom!

~=o>


This is one of the final pics taken with my second-to-last camera phone. (I think. Or it could've been the one before that. Anyway...)
I swear I didn't set this up; this is just what I spotted amongst the detritus on my bedroom floor. A plastic squid capturing a soy-fish! A life and death struggle! Wildlife photography at it's most dramatic!







No comments: