Sunday, August 21, 2011

Forecast: 7-19
Attained: 6-21


Two fine days in a row and washing gets done :)
I sat outside in the sunshine for about 20 minutes today, reading. Was quite pleasant: the sun wasn't too hot and I didn't burn. In a few months I won't be able to do that without hat and sunscreen, even for a short time.

The book I'm currently reading is 'Court of the Air' by Stephen Hunt. It's enjoyable, with a very detailed worldframe, but it's not a lazy read, I find I have to really concentrate or I get lost in the world-specific patois. Literally lost in some instances, and there's no handy map illustration to help me keep track of where everyone's going. That's a little frustrating but it does me good to not just skim a text for a change, I guess.
(Oh, and look at that, it's the start of a series. [sigh] Does no one write single volume, stand alone fantasy any more?)

~=o>


Latest installment from the irregular but brilliant Sequential Art.

Yes, there's lots of previous stuff leading up to this point in the story but it's not necessary to know that to enjoy the shit-eating smirk on Leonard the platypus' face. Click on the pic to get a bigger version.






No comments: