Thursday, May 15, 2003

Coffee flavoured yogurt is an odd sort of thing. The last lot I tried, several months ago, smelt like a latte that someone had thrown up and I couldn't bring myself to eat more than a few mouthfuls but this week the supermarket had a different brand on special (I only buy yogurt when it's half-price or less, too expensive otherwise). So with some hesitation I tried it. Not too bad, was more like a vanilla yogurt with a splash of coffee. I'd buy it again next time it's cheap. : )

It is very difficult to warm to a child that doesn't like yours, especially when they're openly rude and belittling. Hmph.

It was with great delight I deleted a whole box of Enid Blyton books from the school library's database today. Loathe her stuff, even when I was the right age group to be reading it I thought it was complete rubbish.
Oh and speaking on behalf of librarians the world over - when you take a book off the shelf and decide you don't want it, DON'T put it back on the shelf unless you are completely sure of where it goes... If in doubt leave it out for someone who has a clue how to re-shelve it. Please. : )

The museum here has drastically reduced it's entrance fees, children are free and adults pay less than half the previous price. Which is great, should get more people in there, but what about the members?
Aha... we are getting an extra six months free membership on our cards and free entry to the special exhibitions and the Planetarium! Which is very cool, means a day out at Scienceworks is free for us except for the petrol to get there. : )

No comments: