Sunday, May 04, 2003

The cubs and I went swimming this morning.
In the water I feel I have some sort of grace, unlike on land where I am clumsy and lumbering ... much like a walrus, though without the whiskers...
The cubs voluntarily went into the big pool today ('voluntarily'? Hah! They badgered me into it). Been a while since we went in there, last time, in the shallow end, the water came up to their chin, this time it only came up to their armpits! One cub was even brave enough to go down to the deep end - holding tightly onto me and squeaking all the way - but the other one wouldn't have a bar of it, preferring instead to trot anxiously along the edge of the pool, keeping pace with us. Since they've got their goggles though, they've gotten very good about putting their faces in the water and will happily 'dive' now for several seconds. It's lovely watching them grow more confident.

Och, I'm so full of broccoli goodness I can barely move.
I got a big bag of discounted broccoli the other day and made some soup out of it, with lots of fried garlic. I've been eating it for days. It's not that appetising to look at - yellowish green with little floaty dark bits, and there's a definite texture to it - but it's yummy all the same. It was especially nice with boiled potatoes and cheese. Couldn't tempt the cubs to try any though - what a surprise! *g*
Next week I'm going to try my hand at making some pate (chicken liver with port and sage would be nice), then I can freeze some of it for when I feel like being indulgent but don't actually have the cash to back it up. :)

Well, the seedlings I 'liberated' from the Retreat last weekend - 4 ivy, 3 holly - aren't dead yet so that's a good thing.

The next 'lestrel & Lutra chapter is on the way to completion; been thinking about the next AC chapter; Shinju and Okami are giving me pointed looks having been left hanging at an interesting juncture in their fic and I don't like the way Tulip's eyes are narrowing... Maybe I should get on with something?

Aaargh!
WHY when you accidentally delete a folder does it not show up in the recycle bin so you can undelete it? *mutter grumble*
[..later..]
... because the undelete in Winblah is hopeless - fortunately I've got Nortons to play around with. *phew*

One of our tv stations has been endlessly plugging a new series Man & Boy (starring Ioan Griffiths - he of the stockings and curly black hair in the Hornblower telly-movies. Oh no! Archie! *sniffle* *blinks* where was I? It's all very well going off on a tangent but it helps if you can find your way back to your original point…) Anyway, this new series title song is 'What now my love' sung by Frank Sinatra, and it's been bugging me cos I know I've heard it somewhere else.
I remembered today. Miss Piggy did a 'Ravel's Bolero' version of it on the Muppets.
Consequently, I can't give Mr Griffiths new series the seriousness it maybe deserves cos all I can think of during the adds is Miss Piggy…

[... later again...]
However, I'm watching 'Man & Boy' now and it's really good - not thinking about Miss Piggy at all...

No comments: