Friday, May 16, 2003

I made chicken liver paté today.(Cool! Joules showed me how to do accented 'e's! Hee, café - latté - blasé...) It's the first time I've tried my hand at paté making; does it take a while to set or is mine just intrinsically runny? *g* Tastes pretty good though the cubs held their shirts over their noses when I showed it to them…

The cubs father picked them up from school this afternoon and took them to the Golden Arches of Doom for dinner. I had a little nap while they were gone - and an odd little dream, too. Joules and I were on a train going somewhere in the UK (somewhere in Bristol I think, the scenery was reminiscent of the Briz tourist cards I got to see on the site Joules had designed). We got seperated and I couldn't ring her cos I hadn't glued down the little blocks that had the numbers on them and they were all jumbled up. But it wasn't a problem cos I knew she could fly up and spot the railway tracks from the air…
We met up again at this big old house where we were staying (there's that big, old house again - only this time it was dark throughout. Not spooky or unsettling or anything, just dark) and there was a muscle-bound sort of sporty bloke there who'd put a fish hook through his penis as a dare, giving himself a 'prince albert' and he was begging me to watch the video of it. O_o
Ok, I don't think I want to know what that was about!

Feeling kind of chuffed - finished the first draft of the second chapter of my novel today. At this point I would like to formally thank my beta-reader for help and encouragement *casts soppy smile UKward*
Hee. On to chapter 3 I guess…

No comments: