Saturday, May 17, 2003

Go here! Go here! *holding ribs that hurt from laughing* Thank you, Okapiprincess.. I needed that...

The cubs and I went to Scienceworks today. The place was a little flat, they're in the middle of changing over a few of the long-term exhibitions so there wasn't as much to see as usual. But we went to the Planetarium to see the Tycho movie… again. This makes 5 times I think. All in all it wasn't a bad day the only real aggravation being the cub who's gotten very clingy recently going off his nut with anxiety if his brother wasn't in line of sight. This happened a few times until I growled at him to bloody look around first before throwing a wobbly. Eh, it kind of worked and the rest of the visit was fairly trouble free. Because we didn't have to pay to get into the Planetarium (see a couple of blog entries ago) I could spend some money in the gift-shop. The cubs got a packet of glow-in-the-dark sharks and a squidgy brain that you wind up and it pulses at you. Morbid brats. I didn't get anything for myself but I did get a trilobite fridge magnet which I'll give to their father as a house/fridge warming present when he eventually gets either one of those. I live in hope the thing won't be cluttering up my drawer for long.
While we were having lunch I spotted a pair of twins, about 8 months old, cutie little things just at that smiling, happy stage. Their mother noticed my cubs and after confirming they were twins as well, she said to me:
'Well you look like you've survived.'
I grinned and assured her it would get better - my good deed for the day.

Well, the paté firmed up a little though it's still sloppier than the shop-bought stuff. Tastes pretty good too, but it needs more salt and the texture is a touch lumpy cos I don't have a good pureéing thing. On the whole it was a successful experiment and I'll make it again sometime.

Happy Lutra - the earl grey flavoured organic green tea is back in stock. I find standard green tea, no matter how diluted or how little time it's left to stand still tastes bitter, but this stuff is lovely, smooth and a little sweet, I can - and do - drink it by the teapot full.

Uh-oh, I'm getting the urge to draw again…

No comments: