Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Discovered today that with a 10 a.m. start I can get the cubs to school and still be home in time to catch the right bus. I'd rather not have to do it but it means I don't have to be late to school if the cubs' father can't take them in.
Two more subjects today, Collection Maintenance and Occupational Health & Safety. CM is a hands-on subject about the practical considerations of looking after a collection, very useful, and has got me all inspired again to organise my own little library... Of course, my library is still in boxes in the garage but I can at least think about what I'd like to do with it.
OHS is another intensive class that'll take me a little while to get my head around, but it's an important subject and I think is going to be very interesting.
I didn't realise that my first class, CM, was 3 hours long until this morning. It goes from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with OHS following directly on from 1-3 p.m.
Ack! - quoth I - When am I going to get to eat lunch?!
This was a burning question considering I hadn't managed to have any breakfast. I couldn't see me lasting 5 hours on just a cup of coffee and a banana, but we got a small break during CM, long enough for me to cram in a couple of the bacon sarnies I'd brought along.
Also found out some interesting things about my ID card too – I can use it as a library card, to borrow items, and as a photocopy card. Neat, eh?
Full-time students, I discovered today, basically attend for 2 long and 1 short day, a 'long' day being 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. That's less time than I thought, and not that much longer than I'm doing which is 2 short days of 10 – 3. Thinking about it, once I've finished doing the first year subjects part-time, depending on how things go I might be able to do the final year full-time. Something to consider.

Was watching re-runs of the original Batman this afternoon. Gods, I love that car. I've sat in it, you know. The original Batmobile (or one of the 6 made for the show) did a tour of Australia years ago. I've got a photo of myself and a friend, Belinda, sitting in the car, grinning like idiots... Well, I'm grinning like an idiot, and wearing my blue, hard plastic Batman helmet. Ahhh... Good days.

After looking at the pattern for my quilt I think I have enough of the background material left over to do the border sashes. Which is good cos I honestly couldn't be buggered trying to find another type of material that'll go with all the colours. There isn't enough, though, to do unbroken strips, but that's hardly a problem. : )

And I do believe I've wrestled the third chapter of 'Dancing' into submission. It was one of the first things written, back when I hadn't given a lot of thought to details, and it shows. It took a hefty re-think to smooth it out but it's much tighter now.
I originally planned to have titles for the chapters but might have to scrap that idea. Not all of them are titled at the moment and there'll be no point if I can't come up with something suitable for the rest of them. It'd be a shame, some of the titles are close to my heart, but there has to be consistency.
(And while I'm at it... <GLOMPS> Joules [and Sue]... They know why : )

No comments: