Thursday, February 19, 2004

Not that I've been following the US election thingy all that closely - or indeed, have any real clue about what's going on - but does John Kerry look like a talk-show host? Or is it just me? Heh, if you're going to have a talk-show host as a president I think Oprah would be a good choice...

I had poached eggs for dinner tonight and the empty egg shells were seized by the cubs with great delight. Why? So they could do the 'how much weight will it take before the egg shell cracks' experiment. They used 4 half-shells and piled books on top of them. The first one cracked pretty quickly but by the time the last one gave way there was 4 kilos of books on top of it.
And my cubs have learnt that the weather forecasts on the news are important. They actively watch them with us, and can understand all the graphics and what they mean. (This is impressive, I was half-way through high-school before I realised the strings of triangles didn't represent schools of sharks. I never could explain why they appeared over land masses...) The cubs are also learning to not be happy when hot weather is coming. It's not so much cos they don't like the heat but that when it's hot we don't do anything interesting that doesn't involve staying at home in front of the fan. <bg>

No comments: