Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Well that was interesting...
First day of study after a decade of anything but. Public transport – and the cubs – co-operated and I got to school in plenty of time for my first class, which was a communication topic - Dealing with Customers/Clients - nice and fluffy. (And the tutor was one I had for similar subjects the last time I studied and she remembered me : ) My afternoon class, however, made my brain hurt. It's one of the actual work/library-related topics - Information as a Product - and I had to prod my thinking onto unfamiliar paths. Not that difficult, ultimately, but I'm a bit rusty with literal and factual, as opposed to imaginative and creative. I've got homework for this subject too, from the workbook, which is a little awkward as I haven't been able to afford the workbook yet. Oh well, if worse comes to worse I might be able to photocopy the relevant pages before my next class.
I explored the library during lunchtime. Not all that interesting, it's mainly stocked with items for engineering, computer and information, but then that's hardly surprising seeing as those three are the main subjects studied on this campus.
It was an interesting mix in my classes, too, only a few school-leavers, the rest were mature-age students, a good proportion of who were in the throes of career changes. Heh, well that was the reason I started this course initially. I loathed my dead-end clerical job and was looking for something to make a career out of, and hey, I've always loved books... <g>
I enjoyed my first day, with it's little challenges, and I don't think it's going to take me long to settle into study again.

Talon, sorry to hear things aren't the best. : (

No comments: