Monday, March 28, 2005

Back home from Man-on-a-stick weekend with Mum. Had a good, relaxed time - it went very quickly though. Cubs didn't gribble too much either, which is always a good thing.
We took a ride on the Healesville Trolley on Saturday. Perfect weather for it as well. Fine, sunny but not hot with a cool wind. I saw an eagle! I love it out there, close to the hills: the sky is just beautiful, it fills your vision. At the moment it's still that deep, rich Summer blue, and photographs just can't do it justice.
Had a happy browse around the (tiny), local, organic farmers market. Picked up a packet of home-made prunes and a bunch of fresh, biodynamic beetroot. (Wash the beets but don't peel them, boil until soft, let cool a little then rub off the skins. Cut up into bite-sized pieces and serve with sea salt, vinegar and sour cream. <drool> One of my favourite Winter recipes.) Spent the rest of the afternoon getting help from Mum organising my quilt. Thanks to her it's now pinned along one edge and down the centreline - enough for me to continue with it at home. Hee. : )

On Sunday after a visit from the Easter Bilby the cubs and I left Nana in peace for a little while in the morning while we wandered off to the local market. Wasn't all that interesting, unfortunately, but the cubs had fun at the park. The day passed gently, and later in the afternoon the cubs and I went to the park again. (It is possible for children to max-out on chocolate, by the way...)

Today the four of us went out to the Patchwork Teahouse's new premises. Bigger... more stuff... Overspent a bit on some lovely material, oops, but the delicious lemon-meringue tart and walk along the river alleviated any stress. <happy sigh>

The cubs enjoyed their weekend but were happy to come home. I was a little less enthusiastic though my home-comings usually involve unpacking and washing and putting things away... <g>
I had the use of Soulsis' car this weekend which was brilliant. Didn't have to worry about only taking what we could carry on the train, and it gave Mum the opportunity to load me up with stuff she'd otherwise have to bring with her next time she visited.

'k, food this weekend. My meals tend to be more regular when I'm with Mum...
Breakfasts: bacon and eggs X 2, bacon and tomato.
Lunches: Salami and brie, salads and today a sandwich with left-over roast pork. Yum!
Dinners: Kedjeree [sic], roast chicken bits and salad, roast pork and veggies.
Snacks: Cakes, and lollies, and chocolates, oh my! <eg>
Tch, almost forgot. Came home to find the cubs' father had given me a new monitor. The old one was getting very dodgy, even at maximum brightness/contrast the textured background of Joules' blog only looked black.
It wasn't an entirely self-less act though. The cubs' father basically swapped our monitors over because his machine's only good for reading email at the moment, and (with my permission) he uses my 'puter to play games...
It's the thought that counts, isn't it?

No comments: