Monday, March 07, 2005

One of my cubs came up to me the other day with one of his Transformers.
"Megatron's unhappy, mum." (The horns on his helmet were turned down.) "How can I cheer him up?"
"Do a little dance for him." I said. "Works for me."
"Mum." My cub gave me a look. "This is the supreme ruler of the Decepticons we're talking about..."
<g> Well, it does cheer me up immeasurably when my cubs do little dances for me. Can't see why it wouldn't work for an evil robot...

Gah. Well that was a weekend.
The cubs had school projects that had to be handed in today. As usual we left it to the last minute and spent a good 10 hours working on them but by golly we got it done. Of course, when I say 'we' I mean 'them' with me applying the cattle-prod. Aside from the mobiles (one is of Saturn and Titan, the other of Mars and Phobos/Deimos) the work is all the cubs' own. Yes, it could be neater, and there could be more details, but they did it on their own. :)

Heh, it's been a year since the school burnt down. The Education Dept. has just started accepting 'applications of interest' from builders. Apparently we're still on schedule for moving into the new building beginning of next year. Blimey, we're almost at the end of first term as it is. After Easter - which is what? 3 weeks away? - there's only another week then holidays. Can't say I'm not looking forward to it, though, first term always seems rushed.

Isn't she pretty! Toys'r'us are having a sale - I got her for $5. <g>

Watched volume 3 of Last Exile. <happy sigh> I love this series. And because sometimes it's fun to take a chance I also picked up volume 1 of Twelve Kingdoms. Knew nothing about this series but it was one I kept going back to when browsing the store shelves. Cover art was attractive and on one of the volumes there was a giant mouse! How could I pass it up? Well anyway, I watched one ep and wasn't all that impressed. Very ordinary story, I thought, and stilted, recognisable character types. But I didn't have anything better to do so I kept watching.
It built slowly and by the end of the fifth ep I wanted to see more, not just because of the bishies (... oh gods, no, I've just had a [ping]... Need to get a better idea of the charas though...) but because I want to know what happens to these people. And I want to know if my wild hypotheses re: the various plots are correct.
Oh yes, and I haven't seen the mouse yet, that comes in episode 6. :)

Feeling a vague sense of determination - the second chapter of my next novel is half-done and I want to get it finished before the weekend. I'm toying with the idea of completing a chapter a week but we'll see how we go.

No comments: