Monday, March 21, 2005

Cub-logic: It's not being rude if the person isn't there to hear...
<eyebrow> Riiiight...

Hey guess what? We won 2nd prize in the school's Easter raffle! A Big bundle of chocolatey goodness came home with us today. Mmmm... This is the first time we've won anything in any of the innumerable fund-raising raffles, and there was much rejoicing. : )

One of my cubs was home sick today. He had to come with us to get his brother to school cos there was no-one awake to keep an eye on him. Poor thing, he was visibly drooping by the time we got home. He had a very quiet day, didn't say or move much - a sure sign he wasn't feeling 100%.

Eheh. Had a brain-spang this afternoon about chapter 4 after Joules mentioned it could do with expanding in parts. Ended up with a page or so of notes to include for the revision. Hee, I love that surge of creative energy...

Food:
Morning: Disappointingly tasteless banana, quite nice apple (they're coming back into season so are finally worth eating again), cup of tea, couple of slices of bread and butter.
Evening: not terribly hungry. A few lolly bananas, cup of coffee, some home-made chicken nuggets (cut breast meat into little pieces, coat in egg/milk mix, roll in breadcrumbs then fry) that the cubs didn't want to finish. Little bit of rice. I've got a piece of grilled chicken waiting for me but I'm still not hungry enough to want to eat despite the yummy baby spinach I bought today to have with it.
Blog-browsing is like gambling, you keep hitting the 'next blog' button in the hope that the next one that pops up will be worth it.
There's an awful lot of company-blogs out there that just list goods or services - boooooring! - and an ungodly amount of what appears to be blogs from students that are nigh incomprehensible.
Here's an example of one I found. (I'm not including the URL cos I don't want to inflict it on anyone else.)
"aussie unis
went to the uni fair these two daes.. mi dad went w mi too.. upon mi invitation of course.. got tonnes of info booklets onli to realise tt i actualli i suddenly dun feel like going.. haha.. okae call mi fickle.. haha.. ah well.. i guess im the kind i juz haf a sudden craze for sth.. then when i haf enuff of it.. i'll move on.. ahha.. ah well but so far i still haven haf enuff of cute guys! haha.. coz in the first place nth has quenched mi thirst for it yet.. nth gd enufff.. haha..

aniwae im realli realli vvv grateful n touched by mi dad.. im realli.. speechless.. he din even scold mi or watever abt mi fone.. he juz said tt he'l get for mi the same one.. *sigh* i feel so bad!! somebody slap mi!!!!!
Slap you? Bloody knock some sense into you, you... gibbering moron.
Ok, to be fair I suspect that English isn't this person's first language, but still...
The blog had a tag-box - I almost left this message:
"I was just browsing random blogs and found this one. I'm sorry... are you an English speaker? I can't tell... No offense but those insane phonetics are hurting my brain."
I decided against it - it would've been a needlessly vindictive act, done purely as a response to my pissed-off-ness with not being able to read what half these bloggers were saying. I make no apologies for my being an English-language snob... : )

No comments: