Thursday, March 17, 2005

The cubs got home at 10.30 p.m. last night from the martial arts demonstration. They had a good time, though, loved the sumo wrestling.
My cubs were a big hit too, apparently. The visiting Japanese girls thought one little boy with longish red hair was cute enough but when they saw the pair of them together... kawaii!! <g> The cubs told me they had their photos taken a number of times. : )

It wasn't a late night for them tonight, though it was a busy one: the school held its annual Twilight Sports Night.
I've never wanted to go to any of these but so far I've not managed to miss one - perversely proud of that. Wasn't sure we'd be able to get there this year, it was being held in an oval that was awkward to get to via public transport, but Penny offered us a lift, so we went. It wasn't too bad (they never are) and my cubs came third and fourth in their race. Mind you there were only 4 people in their heat but it was a noble effort nonetheless. <g>
Anyway, it's not yet 10 and they're already asleep - puir tired wee things. : )

I pulled out some of my knitting last night, specifically the pink fluffy neko hat I started last Winter. Got a few more lines done. I might actually need a hat this year if we're still traveling to school by PT; gets a bit chilly standing there at the bus-stops.

Hee. Got this from Okapi's lj.

You are Rabbit.
Sometimes your creative solutions land you in
sticky situations but you remain adventurous
and undaunted by failure. You posess an
infectious confidence and deep thinking comes
naturally to you.
Always on the go with many paws in many pies,
Rabbits can appear slightly manic to others.
But not to worry, you have everything under
control... most of the time.


Which Pooh character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Manic? Moi? <eg>

Yay! The cubs' father finally got round to giving me a birthday present - volume 4 of 'Last Exile'! I'll treat myself to that tomorrow afternoon while they're at the Golden Arches of Doom.

Food! (Forgot to mention yesterday the smooshed Easter egg I rescued from one of the cubs' school bags. He couldn't donate it to the school's Easter raffle in that state, so I nobly ate it... while the cubs were out so they wouldn't pester ask me for some...)
Early: Grapes, a couple of small, sticky 'treat' bars made from rice bubbles and marshmallow, glass of discounted apple/blueberry/banana juice, several slices of Danish salami.
Afternoon tea with Penny: fresh coffee, King Island 'double' brie with organic water crackers, 3 yummy fresh and soft donuts (chocolate, passionfruit and chocolate with custard) to share.
Evening during Sports Night: More grapes, chicken-flavoured chips, lemonade, 'crunchy' M&Ms.
I'm a little peckish now, but not hungry. Certainly not hungry enough to seriously consider cooking anything.
And there's some grapes left - I'll have them for breakfast, I think

No comments: