Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Right, I think I'm almost half-way through chapter 3. I'm largely making it up as I go for this bit, filling in around the basic framework, but it's interesting what's surfacing as I write. This universe is growing right before my eyes. : )

It's not all fun sleeping on a mattress on the floor. You can feel the vibrations of various activities through the floorboards, like your housemate's full volume shoot-em-up computer games, or his snoring, or the using the farking washing machine at farking 2 in the morning! Grrr...

Moving right along...
Penny and I had a fun afternoon. We decided last week to treat ourselves to a combined birthday thing (her birthday was on Monday) and today was the day. First of all we popped in to one of our local op-shops where I picked up some half-price lovely pieces of clothing destined to be cut up into quilts, then we went to the Pancake Parlour for lunch.
Which brings me to...

Food.
Morning: Banana, another weird nectarine, the few birthday chocolates that survived this long, water.
Lunch: orange juice, water, 'beef-burger and fried egg on a buckwheat pancake, served with a side salad [one leaf of cos lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, 3 rings of spanish onion] plus mustard and tomato sauce'. Tasty but not exceptional.
Dinner: organic potatoes and carrots cooked in home-made chicken broth, iced coffee made with sweetened coffe/chicory essence.
I was contemplating having some pink-stuff after dinner, but honestly I was too full to really appreciate it.
See? I can so do restraint. <g>

No comments: