Sunday, March 20, 2005

<g> Inspired by Onna's Gravitation Badfic flash animation (Thursday 17th March), the cubs have been storyboarding (at my suggestion) their own little animations. We don't have flash, alas, but XP's Powerpoint Presentation has the capacity for very simple animations. Okay, I can see how they'll be spending their afternoon...
I'd love to get them a video/digital camera to play with - they're intrigued with stop-motion - and there's some nice and basic editing software about now I understand.
The next Speilbergs? I doubt it, their imaginations are too off-the-wall for that. Tim Burton, perhaps... : )

Yesterday was another non-day as far as food went. Wasn't terribly inspired to do much, and the cubs' father took them out for fish'n'chips anyway so there was no reason for me to cook. However...
Grazing through the day: Finished the grapes, had a couple of small packets of chips, organic s'getti with parmesan cheese (thank you, Joules : ), fruit juice and peppermint tea, random sponge fingers.
Evening: organic boiled potatoes with butter, then more home-made trifle. Sort of - there was left-over custard, I hadn't eaten all the sponge fingers and we've always got jelly. No cream though, but that wasn't a problem.
I'm very pleased with how much of what the cubs and I eat is organically produced. Rice, pasta, potatoes, carrots, milk, flours, sugars, crackers, eggs, soy-milk, cereals, teas/coffee, meat when I can afford it, ditto other types of fruit and veg. Enlightened as our supermarket is they don't have an organic alternative for everything but being an aware consumer I know which brands at least have a 'GMO free' policy. I think we're doing all right... : )

No comments: