Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My next door neighbour pulled me up on my way home today to ask if my cat was all right. There's a fox about, apparently - which would explain the twitchy, slinking-about big-eyed behaviour KittenKong displayed a couple of nights ago.

Cub was home sick again but I think he'll be fine to go to school tomorrow. His cough's subsided and he's got his energy back (also read: bouncing off the walls).
Some disturbing news from Penny though: as her daughter was bicycling home a man pulled up beside her and asked her to get in his car...
<snarling> Not in MY leafy-green suburbs, prick.
Fortunately she's a smart lass and bolted straight home. Yes, the police were informed, and yes, they responded quickly and with due sensitivity.
<bristling> Grrr... This is a real concern, I know how many of our children walk home unsupervised...

On a lighter note, I had to snigger at something in the pre-school programming my cub was watching this afternoon. It was a song about how "Woof, bark bark, arf!" in dog-talk means "I want to dance the doggy-polka with you."
I couldn't laugh out loud cos then my cub would've wanted to know what I was laughing about and I really didn't relish trying to explain the hentai thoughts that careened unbidden into my mind when I heard that line.
And this was on top of the recent ad we saw for a Superman - Justice League figure that has 'cape-blowing action' (I can't remember the tag exactly but that'll suffice) which looks kind of cool when the figure is 'flying' but not when he's standing upright. Then it just looks like he's done a massive fart. <snerk> My cubs and I had a good laugh over that one.

A good day for food:
Breakfast: Orange juice and grapes.
Lunch: (yes, 3 distinct meals today) More orange juice, sliced cucumber and blue cheese on organic wafers. (The cheese was 'Tasmanian Heritage - True Blue' which is basically a mildly 'blued' camembert. Very smooth, but more salty than tangy.)
Dinner: Grilled chicken sliced into a salad comprising baby spinach leaves, goat's milk fetta and black olives. Mmmm...
We'll overlook the half-eaten box of Cadbury's Favourite Chocolates selection hidden in my bedroom...
I was interested to discover that all of the cheese sold in Australia has to be made from pasteurised milk. Even the imported stuff can't come from raw milk. This is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to going to Europe so I can taste some of these other cheeses. Apparently the range of flavours from raw milk products has a much wider variety. Yum! Oh, I could so easily become a cheese geek...

No comments: