Thursday, June 16, 2005

The cubs had 3 hashbrowns and 2 sausages each for dinner. The M cub made a picture of R2D2 out of his - the S cub made the Death Star shooting something... : )

The cubs and I went to see Madagascar after school. It was fun, not the most brilliant movie ever made, but fun. The characters weren't particularly engaging - aside from King Julian and the lemurs, and the penguins, they had their moments too. The animation was ... good, but not outstanding, it certainly had none of the imagination of The Incredibles or Robots but then this was sposed to be more of a 'real-world' setting. Actually, no, I'll amend that - the scenery was nothing much interesting but the character animation was fluid and expressive.
There were some genuinely funny parts where I giggled or laughed out loud and on the whole Madagascar was inoffensive and amusing but it didn't grab me. I've no desire to see it again.

ICQ isn't a perfect messaging software but I like it, more so than anything else I've tried. The latest version has a cool feature where you can design your own avatars to sit in your message box and be seen by those you're chatting to. Joules has had hers for a while now but I haven't been able to see it until today; no idea why.
I squeaked - the thing is so cute! It blinks and follows the movement of the cursor - so naturally I scampered off to get my own. Didn't take long to design and she's a vaguely realistic, if still idealist version of me: dirty-blonde hair, blue eyes and a smile.
Anyway, I was playing with the avatars just a little while ago, running the cursors back and forth over them, as you do, when I noticed their different reactions. Mine looks at it with an expression of 'Oooh! What's that?!', while Joules' (as she put it) is '... more wary - kind of "Should I blast it or not?"...'
<smirk> Highly appropriate!

Forgot where I got this from...



how jedi are you?
:: by lawrie malen

<giggling>
Don't piss me off! Don't piss me off!


I just had to try that one...

Jedi Quiz result

[grin] Fairly apt. Though for a moment there I was tempted by the dark side - decided the black mask would give me claustrophobia, though...

Joules



I could never turn to the dark side - black just isn't my colour, dahling. : )


[smirk] I don't think it's possible to be evil in pink...


Heavens, no! Pink is a sacred colour! <delicate shudder> The very thought...
Besides, how could something the colour of bunnys' noses be evil?
Though on the other hand - Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination - I suppose it could be possible.


Curses! Resorting to series-hopping... a cunning and devious defence...


<smirk> Live long and prosper!

No comments: