Monday, June 27, 2005

(Nicked from Onna's blog.)

Gosh, this is a surprise. <g> Obviously all those years of watching The Bill haven't been a complete waste of time...

(Edited to just display the results - the coding was doing weird things. Quiz came from here.)

Your Slanguage Profile

Aussie Slang: 100%
British Slang: 75%
Canadian Slang: 50%
Prison Slang: 50%
Victorian Slang: 50%
Southern Slang: 25%
New England Slang: 0%

Remember that first quilt I started, the stars and hexagon one? It's been languishing for weeks in my bedroom as I got distracted by other things but today I finished pinning the layers together and started putting in the 'holding' stitches. Once they're all in place the pins can come out and I can start quilting!
I'd forgotten how bright and beautiful this quilt is - I fell in love with it all over again when I spread it out to work on it. : )
KittenKong showed her appreciation for it as well, in the usual cat-fashion, by alternately trying to sit precisely where I was working or lurking under the over-hang to chase monsters in the folds of the fabric... <sigh>

The cubs have seen some of the (awful) Little Britain and - I think this is telling - they really like it. <eyebrow> Does this mean the writers have the sensibilities of 10 year olds, or are they simply writing to that level?

Saw the first of the Dalek episodes of the new Dr Who on Saturday. What sort of cop-out PC crap was that? Was it Roddenberry who first serialised the concept that contact with humans - the good and noble ones, of course - can prompt a fundamental change in nasty beings? Grrrr.
And look, we've picked up another Adric...

I had a lovely dream the other night but I didn't realise just how lovely it was until I described it to someone. There was a valley, a place of peace and tranquility whose inhabitants lived in a slower, more ancient lifestyle. I was looking down into this valley and I knew that I could get there, using the hidden path that kept it separate from the rest of the world. (I'll probly never live this down but the only place I could think of to compare the valley to was Rivendell... : )

No comments: