Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's hot-air balloon season in Melbourne. (You need a big gun with long-range projectiles. They don't need to be armour-piercing but incendiaries are effective...) The cubs and I saw one pass overhead while we were waiting at the bus stop. Very exciting - even more so when a camera flash went off a couple times while the cubs were waving. <g> Those two have absolutely no issues with having their photos taken. And not only did the balloon pass directly overhead, as it was heading to land in a nearby oval it was descending as well. Great fun to watch. I'd love to do a balloon flight one day. When I was in hospital with the cubs at 7 months and trying very hard not to think too much about the future I used to watch the early morning balloon flights passing over the city. I'd think how marvellous it would be to be floating above it all...
<g> One day.

No comments: