Sunday, June 05, 2005

Yay! Chapter 9 is finished. : ) Good, feels like I'm back on track now.
A couple of very interesting ideas for other things have recently surfaced, too. I've made notes and added them to the list...

Soulsis sent me this - I laughed!
One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behaviour that was going on. So he called one of His angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, "Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not."

God thought for a moment and said, "Maybe I had better send down a
second angel to get another opinion." So God called another angel and
sent him to Earth for a time too.

When the angel returned he went to God and said, "Yes, it's true. The
Earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good."

God was not pleased. So He decided to e-mail the 5% that were good,
because He wanted to encourage them. Give them a little something to
help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?







Okay, just wondering; I didn't get the email either...
<giggling> What was that about the 'moral majority'?

Oh dear, looks like the other cub has come down with the cold his brother had several days back, only a more virulent strain. The M cub wasn't ill enough to miss school but given the S cub's hacking cough and lack of appetite he might have to skip a couple of days.
Not that he's complaining, of course.

Vaguely disturbing dream last night. I was employed, somehow, in tracing and hunting down suitable girls for what felt like a slaver. The aim was to whisk the victims away with the least amount of fuss so nothing would appear amiss. I didn't like what I was doing but there was the threat of something hanging over me, ensuring my co-operation. There was a lot of adrenalin involved, in the hunting, naturally, but also in the trying to not do my job without looking like I wasn't doing my job.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was an interesting book, though towards the end I found myself wondering what the point of it was. John Berendt did an excellent job in building an evocative picture of the people involved and the place they lived. I want to see the movie!
And... ahah! A half-read book that's been missing for two months turned up today in the place I'd left it. <frowning at house brownies> Oh well, at least I can finish it now - I wanted to know what was going to happen. : )

No comments: