Thursday, June 23, 2005

I think that when I've finished this first part of my speshul sikrit project <g> I'm going to treat myself to something alcoholic, and see about making some comprehensive story notes.
Not at the same time, obviously, otherwise they'd make no sense at all...

Oh lovely. The browns of last year's women's fashions seem to be 'in' this year for men. The colours for women this Winter all look like bruises. Sure they're labeled things like plum and dark cherry but they look bruisey to me.

Hee hee hee. Shhh... don't tell the cubs but it's not only pumpkin they're getting mashed up with their potatoes. They've also had sweet potato and cauliflower. <evil grin> I should've followed advice and done this years ago.

This is apparently a quote from one of Oscar Wilde's plays - "A Good Woman", I think (and I've probably misquoted it cos I didn't write the whole thing down when I heard it. Tch.):
"I like America. Name me another society that's gone from barbarism to decadence without bothering to create a civilisation inbetween."
I snerked. : )

Last day of term tomorrow. Theoretically the last morning for two weeks where I have to force myself to be genki-girl at sparrow's fart to get the cubs out of bed on time. Hoorah.

Oops. Finally got round to getting some overdue (waaaaaay overdue) items back to the library. Fortunately they were on the cubs' cards so the cost of the fines didn't make me blink - it's only 5 cents a day per item for them as opposed to 20 cents per item for me. It'll still be a couple of weeks before I can pay them off though. The cubs have already got a list of stuff they want to borrow as soon as their accounts are clear. <g> So do I. And I'll have to use their cards cos I still haven't paid off my fines yet...

No comments: