Saturday, June 11, 2005

Woohoo, chapter 10's more or less finished. One more chapter I reckon, perhaps two, and that'll be the first part completed. : )

Soulsis and I visited Niki on Friday and had a very civilised lunch. Niki's remodeling her laundry so there were strange plumber-type men of varying sizes prowling around outside. <g> She's also done some work with the bedroom her two kidlings share - taken out the built-in wardrobe and made that space her daughter's. The wall there is a lovely shade of lavender now, really pretty. <sigh> All this business with houses, makes me wish I owned my own so I could play, too.

Borrowed some movies from Niki as well, episodes 4 & 5 of Star Wars (for the cubs), Grease and The Incredibles. The cubs watched the SWs first, asking me questions all the way through - '<growl> keep watching and you'll find out' - then we rummaged through the extras on the TI dvd. There's some fun stuff there, not the least of which is the short 'Boundin''.
Mr Incredible and his Pals is hysterical, a send-up of the awful, stilted superhero cartoons of the early 70's. Well worth a watch, and then again with the commentary playing. <g>

Given the cubs current interest in SW, their father bought home copies of episodes 1 & 2 today. We watched 1 this evening... It's not as bad as I remember, and it makes so much more sense now having seen 3.
See? Lucas had a plan all along...

No comments: