Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hee, finished half of the holding threads on my quilt this evening. Problem is the only flat, clear space I've got to work on is the coffee table which means hunching forward, perched on the edge of an armchair. I think this must press on a nerve in my thigh or something cos I've got an achey leg now. Eh well, just have to make sure I get up and move around every now and again.

Cubs and I went to see Revenge of the Sith today. I had threatened that we wouldn't go and see the movie if they hadn't cleaned their room, but I compromised - the room's not completely tidy but I can see they've made an effort. Besides, I think we all needed to get out of the house.
What did I think about SW3 this time? It was long. It's not often I can say about a movie that the action sequences were more interesting than the character development and plot bits. The betrayal of the Jedi still got to me and I still went 'ooh!' at the planetscapes but ultimately I wasn't entertained.
Cubs loved it, though, they thought it was awesome (I really must work on expanding their spoken vocab) and I had the pleasure of trotting around the shopping centre accompanied by Darth Vader and General Grievous. <rolls eyes>
(Have to say however that the M cub does a very accurate Vader-respirator noise - he can also do a very convincing squeaky-toy - while the S cub has Grievous' hunched lope down pat. : )
Tomorrow the cubs have to get back to cleaning their room...

Joules has been tossing around the idea of reworking the Alliance Chronicles sometime in the future for book publication. It's a great idea, her story is involving and complex and the characters are compelling. My parts will certainly need some serious rewrites and it'll be interesting sorting through the canon/fanon/original concepts but I reckon it'll be even better for the effort.
But not yet, we're both hip-deep (heh, eyeball-deep!) in other projects just at the moment. : )

(Heh, the cubs are sitting up late watching Supersize Me. It's interesting to see what they're picking up on.

No comments: