Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'd suggest you wait until you've watched the first Saiyuki volume and see if it really grabs you. Yes, the characters are great and quite complex, the backstory fascinating (as far as I've seen it, anyway) and the overall story interesting - but oh, the slow, long-winded and repetitive journey to get there! Argue, travel, fight demons, argue. Repeat. Endlessly. 50 eps and 1 OAV in and they're still nowhere near India. Much as I like them all, I'm having second thoughts about taking it any further. Though I do really like the manga... Heh, will sleep on it. It's not as though I need to make a decision right away.

There seems to be a correlation between the length of an anime/manga and how repetitive (read: boring) it becomes. (DBZ is the prime offender, of course.) That worries me, because GetBackers is currently up to vol 29, and I'd really hate for that to go the same way. Eh well... have to get some of the manga and see, I suppose.

Anime. More expensive than drugs and twice as addictive.

Seconding Lutra's comment about action figures (see previous post), I'm strongly tempted to try making a Xandir (yes, of course I'd go for something tricky! Forget heavily swathed characters where the clothes hide all the seams, I want skimpy and sexy...) Though when I'll catch enough haddock to do it I have no idea...

(But if Xandir works, and doesn't take too much time, I could consider making a Zaabon next. And maybe a Radittsu. A'lestrel? Lutra? The Haadri characters? Ye gods, it opens up a whole new universe...)

No comments: