Friday, September 05, 2003

Ahh! Gods I love inspiration! There's nothing quite like the buzz generated by creative energy.
I got almost 5 pages of my next AC done today, and yet another Dystopia plot arc is formed and ready to go. Weeeee!

I had one of the cubs home today as well. We got as far as his classroom when he told me he was feeling weird and could he go home? He didn't get physically sick during the day but I do think something wasn't quite right. He stayed quietly in his bedroom, reading, then sat with me watching telly for a little while before his father and brother came home with the latest Golden Arches of Doom Nemo toy.
We'll see how he goes overnight, I guess...

'Bouncy Egg' update:
The vinegared eggs are now soft to the touch, they've increased in size and become turgid. (Isn't that a cool word? One of my favourites.)

Oooh! <big eyes> I've just seen the Dexter's Lab episode that Joules was raving over a while ago. I can see why! Phwoooaar! Now that's a bishie-villain! (Didn't catch his name, too busy ogling the thigh-high boots and groin guard <bg> [<licks lips> It's very similar to the one you wear, hab'lan...]) Lovely hair too – pity about the voice...
Interesting to see a different style of drawing to what's standard in Dexter's Lab - an homage to animé perhaps? : )

I was watching a gardening program today and they did a story on a heritage seed farm here in Victoria. Going to go hunting for their website in a moment, I'd love to get hold of a catalogue so I can acquire seeds for some of those gorgeous old varieties of vegetables! : ) (Golden beetroot, stripey tomatoes.... mmmm....)

(nicked from Joules' blog re spiders:)

... I swear this house becomes Bug Central in September...

Oh, you don't want to be in Australia from around October to March then. That's when the huntsman [WARNING: site contains nasty big pictures of nasty big spiders - I couldn't bear to give it more than a cursory glance!] spiders come inside to get out of the heat... <shudder> I loathe those things...

No comments: