Monday, September 08, 2003

Ok, I'm in a better mood now.
Couldn't get online at all last night <glares in direction of housemate> so couldn't update Ms Brown or my blog but worse it meant Joules was delayed uploading her latest chapters. Sorry, sorry... : (

But the next part of Serving Ms Brown is up now.
I've decided to try and update this fic every Sunday – should be interesting to see how I go having a regular deadline - and next week's bit should see the beginning of The Plot. : )

I've finished 156 stars and got enough bits for another 14 – then I've run out of material! Not literally, of course, I've easily got 2 square metres of fabric stashed in the garage, but I'll have used up all of the material I've bought especially for the quilt.
Come early November I'll have been working on this project for a year, I'd like to have all 203 stars finished by then.

It's not been a bad week though, I got another chapter of 'Dancing' sort of finished; I'm half-way into my next AC and 2 pages into Joules' Hokochu story. Next week I'd like to have that finished, plus the AC and maybe make a start on one of the new Dystopia plot arcs. <g>

It was Father's day on Sunday, here in the Antipodes.
In the morning the cubs gave their father the presents they'd bought at the special stall held at school on Friday - the cub who was home sick that day asked his teacher, at my suggestion, to buy some things for him so he wouldn't miss out. The cubs also decorated a picture frame for their dad and we put some photos of them in it for him. All the presents were well-received, I think, including the CD soundtrack to 'Brazil' I'd found him. Then we went to meet my mum, brother, his partner and his kids for lunch. While we were waiting to catch the train I couldn't resist buying the DBZ bubble-gum I saw and the cubs were very impressed with the bubbles I blew. : ) They couldn't quite get the hang of it though...
Lunch was all right, I spose. We went to a pizza restaurant, La Porchetta (they've branches all over the place) and while the food was cheap it wasn't that great. Afterwards we all went on the trolley ride in Healesville. You remember this? The open coaches that rattle and vibrate over a track that's slowly being restored? It was fun! I enjoy that ride...
When we were done there we all trooped back to my mum's to watch the video footage my brother had shot of the kids and mum and his parter and <shudder> me. : ) All of the brats were screaming with laughter watching themselves, it was very amusing.
The cubs' father came and picked us up from the station but unfortunately, on the way home, the car pretty much packed it in. Our own fault really, we've neglected her horribly, kept putting off the much needed service in favour of paying the rent, buying food etc...
So anyway, the cubs are staying home today because the car's not working.
Yes, if I was a selfless sort of creature I could've gotten up early and taken them to school on the bus, or rung someone to see if we can get a lift but honestly I couldn't be buggered. I figure missing one or two days of school now isn't going to adversely affect their chances of getting into the university of their choice and I enjoy a day off as much as they do. : )

No comments: