Sunday, September 28, 2003

Back... again...

Silly, Lutra. Overspent and got sunburnt. Tch. Yes it wasn't exactly hot but it's still a dumb idea to sit outside for a couple of hours without a hat. My nose is not only cute but very, very pink... : )

Just spent a couple of days with friends at a place called Casterton, about 5 hours drive from home. (Yay! Road trip!) A very quiet couple of days, but relaxing. Didn't seem to do an awful lot other than eat and chat, and play Yahtzee, combat scrabble and Killer Bunnies but it was good. : ) We stayed at an old pub there, which was nice and cheap (Alarice, did you say there was sposed to be a ghost at the Albion? It got very spooky in my room on Saturday night before I went to bed... but it could've been my imagination, I don't like mirrors at the best of times...)
It was great catching up with people again, and meeting new family members. <bg> Baldur is so cute for a dog. Heh heh heh.
And yes, I think the emblem carved into the hillside looks more like Thor's Hammer than the Baden Powell Youth symbol...
The cubs missed me, though, they were all over me when I got home, and fortunately they're still at an age where they'll be satisfied with a lolly-pop as a present.
Thank you, Niki, for the lift!

Okay, 1 more week of holidays for the cubs... what shall we do, I wonder? I know what I'd like to do.. it involves several hours alone in close communion with my computer. <eg>
Oh well, we'll have to wait and see, ne?

No comments: