Sunday, September 14, 2003

I didn't walk anywhere today, it was great!

Finished my next Dystopia chapter. It's... interesting. Felt very dislocated afterwards - that sometimes happens when I get too deeply involved in the story. Should be posted soon though.

Given that I understand anime is stuffed full of symbols etc:
In the opening credits of Trigun, I assume there's a reason why the wall behind Vash is shot out in the shape of wings?
... and Orphen really is a honey, though everyone else still reminds me of Blythe dolls...

I feel the need to hunt down all the teenage Gohan action figures I haven't got - which is most of them seeing as I only have the Great Saiyaman one. <sigh> I definitely need a 'puter desk with shelves, lots and lots of shelves...

(nicked from Onna's blog:)
Lutra, what colours/patterns are you using for your quilt? Is the colour scheme random like a charm quilt or are you working specific colours/patterns to make secondary patterns when they are pieced together?

The original recipe was for a random selection of different coloured stars with single colour hexagons to link them - but when have I ever made something exactly as the recipe/pattern dictates? <g>: Ideally I'd like to use the brighter coloured stars to make a big rainbow graded spiral in the centre but I don't think I'll be able to, not a true, circular spiral anyway. Marking it out roughly it seems I'll end up with more of a flattened-into-a-square sort of circle, which I don't like all that much. The other thought I had was to make a series of smaller, same colour spirals out of the brights and fill in the gaps with the darks. That could work... hmm...

Soulsis, I'm delighted that 'becca wants to be a goth but you do realise I won't let her be one of those miserable 'down' goths, don't you? Who says you can't wear black and be cheerful? tee hee hee...

No comments: