Friday, October 10, 2003

<blinks> There's a bloody mouse living inside our lounge-room heater! I've just seen it behind the glass. Tch, no wonder KittenKong spends so much time staring intently at the fire. Oh well, I guess as long as there's no smell of singed mouse hair...

I'm so sorry to hear that Ken's course of treatment hasn't worked, Joules.
: ( Sending happy thoughts for the success of the next lot.

Heh, Alarice has joined The Zone. <g> Just remember, sweetie, you don't have to read it all at once!

I've finished the AC side-story, 'An Honourable Request', that'll be posted soonish, and I'm determined to have finished my next chapter by the end of the weekend. I'll have to be really determined though cos Mum's coming over on Saturday afternoon. then staying the night so I can drive her to the airport on Sunday. The cubs are going to a birthday party on Sunday as well... Busy busy busy. : )

Heh, all being well I'll be enrolling to start a Library Technician's course next year - just part-time, one maybe two subjects a semester, that'll be enough to keep me amused. It's something I've been considering for a while, more so since doing the volunteer work at the school library.
I actually started the course <mumbling> fifteen years ago, but had to stop when I got pregnant. I did mean to get back to it but time, and brain-space, evaporates when you're looking after young children and almost a decade has gone past since. It'll be easier (and more fun) to start from scratch I think, do the whole course again rather than try and get credits for what I've already done. I'm looking forward to it. : )
Back when I first started the course, 'Computers' was one of the subjects, with setting-up and using a database being a major part of the study. Be very cool if they still do that, I've had a great idea about what to catalogue this time round. Not books or videos - which is what I did last time - but characters. If I remember rightly we needed at least 20 items to put into the database - can easily come up with 20 of my own characters, over a variety of universes, without any trouble!
<g> I have to thank Joules for the idea though, she's mentioned once or twice (usually in exasperation) that she needs to catalogue her phone-book's worth of characters so she can find their details quickly, rather than trawling through old stories and getting distracted re-reading!

No comments: