Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Tch, and it's At Home with the Braithwaites...

Heh, the AC sidestory is well underway. Still haven't thought much about the things I should be doing at this point in time. : )

If ballet is the 'Universal language of Dance' then I must be dyslexic. I was watching the ballet boys Swan Lake and loving it but also finding in places I had no clue what was going on. <g> Not having a clear understanding of the original story might not have helped either (hee, that'd have to be some sort of record wouldn't it? Studied/loved ballet for 13 years without ever having watched a full performance of Swan Lake?)
Anyway there were some wonderful moments in this ballet. The choreographer has fun sending up 'traditional' ballets (though the costumes in that section were gorgeous!) and watching a m/m pas de deux was fascinating. Not to mention the feathery trousers of the swans and the lead swan's beautiful back! <dreamy sigh> I'll be watching this again. : )

I should go to bed now...

No comments: