Sunday, October 12, 2003

(nicked from the meeces' hole:)

hmm. This wasn't much of a surprise to me - am I being obvious, or did you get the colour you said you liked best in question 1, Lutra?

No, Goodtwin, I chose my current favourite colour - as opposed to pink. <g>
(Well, pink's one of my favs just not top of the list right now - that's purple...)

Busy busy weekend. The cubs and I went swimming yesterday morning, then they helped me clean up before my mum came 'round. After she got here we four trooped down to the local cinema for fast-food and to see 'Finding Nemo' (again). Mum stayed overnight - which was fun in itself - and this morning I drove her out to the airport while the cubs' father took them to a birthday party at the St Kilda Adventure Playground. On the way back from the airport I spent a little time playing (and paying, heheheheh) in a material shop before I had to pick the cubs up.
Hoiked my babies out of there so we could dive across to housemate's annual Meccano Club exhibition, which - going by the the excited (and loud) exclamations - the cubs' enjoyed. : ) So much so they happily kept themselves elbow-deep in their meccano for the rest of the day...
So... I haven't finished my next AC, or Ms Brown - though 'An Honourable Request' is being posted tonight (?, Joules?), so that's something I guess.

Heh, and it's take 2 with the background colour for the quilt. : ) I got some more material today, a nice plain sort of grape colour, which should be right this time. The material I originally got was too bright a shade, and mixed with all the other busy brights of the stars it was a bit much. This grape colour is nice and understated, it should work well. I'll have to go through the stars again and sort out what's going to stay. The good thing is that some of the colours I couldn't use with the bright purple will go nicely with the grape, but I'm almost certain to loose some others in exchange. Eh, I've got enough bits of material now to make up enough stars, I think - and then I just have to decide how it's all going together. <g>
Have I mentioned I've probably got enough material to think about making a start on the next project?

No comments: