Tuesday, April 06, 2004

<pout> The Aquarium has dropped the member's discount in the gift shop from 20% - 10%. It's not going to stop me buying there, of course, but there is some loss of good will. <grumble>
Anyway, besides that the cubs and I had fun at the Aquarium today, (mmmm... fishies... : ) then we spent a little time at the Immigration Museum before going home. The gift shop there had rubber cockroaches... Yes, the cubs have got one each. <g> Actually, could be interesting to get a couple of dozen of the things and use them to make a pattern in a box-picture, or something. Hm...

My next AC is half-done, but like Joules I have to admit my heart's not really in it anymore. Will see it through to the end though, it's the least I can do for something I consider to be my on-the-job training. (Heh, you don't need to do a course in creative writing, just find yourself a mentor and enter into an apprenticeship . : )

Hee. OkapiPrincess found this on author Lynn Flewelling's website and thought of me.

Be Like the Otter

For they are lithe of spine and never seek out chiropractors.
They are short of leg and long of waist, and wear it well.
They are happiest with family and love their children.
They eat on their laps without benefit of napkins.
They appreciate sushi.
They only bite when necessary, but their teeth are sharp and their jaws
powerful. Beware.
They make work look like play; perhaps even they don't know the difference.
That's so cute! <squinch> And pretty accurate, too, especially the sushi bit.
Thanks, OP!

No comments: