Monday, April 26, 2004

You know, I grump about the cubs' father not looking after his children for any lenth of time except by special arrangement, but it's not all bad. I'm the one that generally gets to take them to the fun places.
Anyway, the cubs and I went to the Museum yesterday, to see the Bugs Alive exhibition – again. : ) Still couldn't bring myself to look too closely at the spidery things but was still entranced with the rest of it. (Some of those metallic coloured beetles are just beautiful!)
The cubs' father wasn't using the car so I drove us in to the city. Gods it's so much quicker than public transport – took about a third of the time, and what with parking and petrol, cost about the same as the fares would've. Not a good idea to get used to using the car so much, though, means I'll just miss it all the more if I don't have one when I move.

Mmmmm... found some ginger-flavoured gummy bear lollies. Yummy! (And I don't have to share with the cubs cos though they like the taste of the sweets they don't like the 'mouth-burning'. <evil smirk> Oh dear, such a shame...)

I glanced at an article/review in a newspaper last week about something Duran Duran related. The title of the item (was it a book? CD? DVD? No idea...) was 'Sing Blue Silver' and I had to smirk smugly and inform my coffee companion that that was part of the lyrics for 'The Chauffeur' (circa 1982) from the Rio LP...
Heh, 1980's BritPop Trivia 'R Us...

Cor! Joules has almost finished reviewing 'First Light', all 60+ chapters of it. <g> I'm following recommendations and waiting 'til I've got all the chapters before I reread. This is very exciting!

No comments: