Friday, April 09, 2004

The cubs and I spent 4 hours yesterday at our (holiday crowded) shopping centre. Why? Because I'm secretly a masochist? Perhaps, but my conscious reasoning was cos we didn't have to hurry home. Usually when we go to this centre it's after school and the cubs want to go here and there and I'm always saying no, no, no, we have to get home so dinner's not too late...'
We indulged each other yesterday though, stopped and had a good look at shops we usually skim past. Took the cubs into Made in Japan which is full of delicate crockery... Didn't twitch too much and the cubs were fascinated with the Japanese cupboards, what with the plethora of drawers and sliding doors and little hidey holes. : ) Next week I'm going back there to put a sake set on lay-by - it's shaped like a puffer fish!
One of the shop assistants asked the cubs a question. They didn't actually answer her question - which was 'are you twins?' - but they divulged all sorts of other information that was topmost in their minds. Their names; their ages; the fact that one is 48 seconds older than the other; their current favourite toys and what they do; their favourite colours of their favourite toys... The girl just blinked under the onslaught - it was quite funny. <beg> Heh, welcome to my world.

This morning one of my cubs suggested torture as a punishment for a toy that had been 'bad'. When I squeaked - a fluffy-bunny sound of distress - he justified the statement with that torture was 'fun' when it was used on someone else...
Joules fell about laughing when I told her this. Hmph. Queen of Casual Torture.
I blame the Horrible Histories series, it's full of gruesome facts... Mind you, I'd rather they read that than Captain Underpants. : )

<relieved sigh> My next AC, Naissance pt 1, is finished and posted. It wasn't as much like pulling teeth as the last couple of chapters had been. Had a short, sharp flash of inspiration while I was writing it as well, totally unconnected with the main story arc. Tch. Not sure if or what I'll do with that, see what my subconscious throws up at me. Could be interesting though, I've never really considered writing from the perspective of one of the lizards...

No comments: