Saturday, April 24, 2004

I'm not usually one for gadgets but I saw something yesterday that had me with my nose pressed up against the display cabinet. It's a portable DVD player, about a third of the size of a lap-top computer – the screen is a little bigger than your average paperback book.
<big eyes> How cool is that?
Yes, yes, if I wanted to watch something in privacy for the same price I could get another TV and DVD player and put them in my room but I love the idea of being able to watch your movies/whatever anywhere – on the train, in the loo, tucked up in bed... <bhg>
I'll put it on my wishlist...

Rain!
Woke up to the sounds of a downpour early yesterday morning and it showered heavily on and off all day. 'bout bloody time! Even though it hasn't been terribly hot we've been desperately dry for weeks. I really hope some of this is falling in the catchments. Water storage for Melbourne is currently around 48%, which is better than the 42% this time last year but it's still well below optimal.

The cubs' schools 'integrated topic' this term is mini-beasts (ie: insects and spiders). I know a couple of the teachers are a bit thingy about spiders – it must be hard having to lecture about something you're phobic over.

It's the ANZAC day weekend which means a day off on Monday... for everyone except Victoria. <grumble> Not sure if this is one of the public holidays our last, unlemented state dictator - er, premier - sliced out of the calendar. Hn. Oh well, we've got a curriculum ('student free' <chortle>) day in a week or so to look forward to anyway.

Almost finished my next AC, that should be posted some time this weekend. Then what? Umm... Eh, I'll think of something.

No comments: