Thursday, April 15, 2004

<happy sigh> I had my Velvet Goldmine fix last night. I love that movie, it's so beautifully, sensuously trashy and tragic. And there's nuances too, depths and layers that I'm finding the more I watch. I wonder though, did Kurt Wilde remember Arthur Stuart? Possibly not but I think he recoqnised something in the journalist, which is why he did that significant thing he did. : ) Well, I think it's significant, others might just say: 'Huh?'
Annoyingly though, there's 2 brilliant songs in the movie that aren't on the CD soundtrack. The first is Slade's 'Cuz I love you' – that won't be hard to find, however, any compilation of the band should have it. The second is a cover of Iggy Pop's 'Gimme Danger' – could probly find the original without too much trouble and possibly there's an mp3 of the movie version out there somewhere. (It's by the Venus in Furs with Ewan Macgregor singing.)
And speaking of Eye-candy McDrooly... <smirk> He can't do a convincing American accent but damn he's pretty, especially when he's waving his bits about. Hee!

The cubs and I went to see the new Scooby Doo movie today.
I enjoyed it more than the first, probly cos <gasp> there's character development for Velma. The less-than-subtle moral of this movie is 'You're perfect just as you are', which is... nice, I guess, if laid on with a trowel - everybody gets to ponder it at some point.
Scooby & Shaggy are still annoying but Seth Green's a cutie and an asset to any movie he appears in.
We also saw a preview for the Garfield movie... <head in hand> What next? The Hair Bear Bunch movie? The horror... the horror...
<choked whisper> I've seen them too, in the background of a Cartoon Network station advert... They've not been forgotten...!

2 pages into the AC side-story. Woohoo. : ) Fingers crossed it'll be finished by the time Joules gets back from her break.

Heh, the bright-orange material is washed and ready to cut. I'll make up 10 stars, I think, that'll be enough to spread over the 15 strips, and leave me some of the material to use in something else.

We were inundated by praying mantises last night. Ok, there were only 2 but that's still 2 more than we usually get! I watched one of them hunt. Very interesting, though it walked right over a moth. Tch, big big eyes, tiny tiny brain. : )
(And just for the record, skinks tickle when they run under your bare foot as they try to escape the ravening cat-monster...)

Ack! Just remembered I've got a test when I go back to classes on Tuesday! Hn, better pencil in some alone time to do some review. Wonder if I can get the cubs' father to take them somewhere on the weekend?

No comments: