Tuesday, October 29, 2002

[67!? The most I got was 20 before I got bored.]

OkapiPrincess and I went to see Bend it like Beckham today. That was a fun movie, I really enjoyed it. Sure, it was predictable, and it had elements of classic english farce - mistaken identity, comic misunderstandings, racial stereotypes, that sort of thing - but everything worked out all right in the end and it made me feel all warm and gooshy so I was happy (and some of the saris the cast were wearing were just gorgeous *sigh* Is it pretentious for an anglo to wear a sari?).
Juliet Stevenson was very funny in it, and Jonathon Rhys Meyers (he was Maxwell Demon, the bisexual glam star in Velvet Goldmine... *pause while Lutra slides of into glitter spangled day-dream...*) did a passable job as an Irish coach. True, he still moved like a faggy rock-star rather than a soccer player, and while his wasn't the best fake Irish accent I've
ever heard, it wasn't the worst. (That honour would have to go to Richard Gere in the 90's remake of The Jackal - which, by the way, is another underated Bruce Willis movie, .) Bend it.. also had the *cough* added attraction of lots of eye-candy, lots of nubile young things playing soccer. :)
I'd give Bend it... 7/10 with an extra point for one of the funniest lines of dialogue I've heard in ages. (spoken by a confused, elderly female indian relative after one of those 'comic misunderstandings')
'She's a lesbian? I thought she was a pisces.'
*rolling around laughing*
OkapiPrincess didn't enjoy the movie as much as I did, but then her 'suspension of disbelief' isn't as robust as mine, (heh, suspension'? In some cases I have complete abandonment of disbelief!), and getting a parking ticket (pig-dog nazi parking inspectors! Barstids!) wouldn't have added to the enjoyment. :(

(And, bless her, I got presents today from OkapiPrincess too! 1/2 dozen pretty little fishy brass charms and a Maisy Mouse mix-n-match book! *happy squeak*)

More quizz results.. thanks, Talon : )

Humph....

Idealistic%20Virgin
What Kind of Virgin Are You?

brought to you by Quizilla


Hoggle?! Oh, please... I wanted to be Sir Didimus! *pout*



What Labyrinth Charater are you most like?

brought to you by Quizilla


No comments: