Sunday, October 06, 2002

[prrrsnuggleunderfurs... happy Lutra]

Ouchies, tired feet.
Aaron and I took the cubs to the zoo today. Lots of fun, but so much walking. We didn't see everything this time, too much there to do that without needing to get there earlier and being fitter *grin* in my case anyway. But we saw the seals, meerkats, capybaras (giant guineapigs with kangaroo heads, according to one of the cubs), Nepalese red pandas - Aaron's favs, lions, platypus, butterfly and bug house, small-clawed otters - my favs, frogs - another fav of mine, giraffes - there was a young one, soo cute, lovely long eyelashes, penguins...umm, I think that was it. Oh, and we walked through the Great Flight Aviary, which seemed quite small to what I remember of it. We were all knackered by the end of the day. :) The gift shop was lovely, as always - there was widdle meerkat beanie babies! *happy squeak*

So, here we are at the end of the school holidays, and have I kept to my deadline of having at least one of my drawing thingies finished? *tired, wry laughter* No, funnily enough, I haven't, but the cubs go back to school tomorrow - and wasn't there much wailing and moaning and gnashing of teeth at bedtime about that - and I'll be getting some of my life back.

Re: Halloween. No, onna, generally speaking we don't celebrate Halloween in Australia - despite the valiant efforts of some sections of society to introduce the custom. And I wouldn't celebrate it at this time of the year here anyway, cos in the northern hemisphere it's Samhain (Celtic new year), an Autumn festival and October here in the southern hemisphere is spring.

The cubs' father unearthed this rather good site - check out the 'Viking Kittens', and a little farther down the page, the 'punk kittens'. Make sure you're sound is up. ^_^

No comments: