Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Would it just be asking for trouble if I got the cubs hand-cuffs for xmas?

Actually, could put together a little 'policeman' set for them: hand-cuffs, night-stick, a telephone book for a bruise-free interrogation...

The cubs and I - and their father who instead of going off out again tonight thought it would be nice to spend some time with us - went to Smorgy's for dinner. You may remember the review I wrote about this 'family restaurant' a few weeks ago - well, nothing's changed. The food was as bad as I remember and the coffee cost extra, I discovered. Only $2 for a 'bottom-less cup', but who could
stomach more than 2 serves of the hot, coffee-tainted water?
We sat in a different place this time, where I was able to view the lagoon/waterfall centrepiece in all its glory *rolls eyes*. There are 3 pretend herons in the lagoon, 2 large and 1 small. The large ones move, they take turns dipping up and down slowly. One of them is a little tatty, a little faded, and it's lost one of its eyes. The empty, ragged socket reminded me of something an archaeologist might stumble across when they pry open the lid of an ancient sarcophagus. The small heron didn't move, and there was a hole in the top of it's head out of which water dribbled constantly...
The whole display was thoroughly creepy.

The tropical fish-tank was quite nice though, liked the fish...

We had a be-gucking huge phone bill this month, almost $200 - it's normally around $80 - my share of it was about $40, as usual. The cubs' father scanned through the calls listed in his share of the bill and got really annoyed because there was a number there he didn't recoqnise. How dare the company charge him for calls he didn't make etc. etc. I had my suspicions about who the number belonged to, but I kept silent. (No, it wasn't a phone-sex number, we haven't been troubled by those on our phone bills since we got the internet connection. Funny that.) Anyway, the cubs' father checked through his phone list and realised - a little sheepishly - that it was a number he knew - it was an old number of his new special friend.
He paid the extra on the bill... *snigger*

No comments: