Wednesday, October 23, 2002

I try not to get sucked in to promotional offers, especially ones that try to lure me in to buying something I wouldn't normally have a bar of, but I gave in a couple of days ago. The supermarket had a special on Ribena, (the black-currant syrup that's full of Vitamin C! - the adds chirp at me, they don't mention the sugar..) 1 litre bottles of the pretty red stuff with a free purple plastic drink bottle. I need a purple plastic drink bottle. No, really I do, cos I was thinking the other day that I'd need a drink bottle when I go on hols (22 days and counting) and a purple one would be ideal! So now I have my purple plastic drink bottle and a litre of vitamin C laden liquid sugar to get through. Thankfully the cubs are happy to drink it.

I've discovered something.
If I eat 'properly', ie: regular meals including fruit and veg, and drinking a reasonable amount of water, I don't crave sugar quite as much as I used to.
Isn't that astonishing?

I was perusing some of the classwork adorning the walls in the corridors outside the cubs' classrooms and I saw something that made me giggle. Earlier in the year the grade1/2's had been looking at fairy-tales and they'd done some work sheets on Sleeping Beauty. I'd forgotten the details of the story, but apparently when Beauty was born (and isn't that a name likely to cause problems for a child) the fairies gave her 7 gifts - one of which was 'the temper of an angel'...
'Which angel??' I cackled. The death and destruction one? The smiting righteously one? *rolling around laughing* Now that would put a whole different slant on the bollocksy tale!

No comments: