Saturday, October 26, 2002

My room smells like turkish delight at the moment, it's wunnerful! Why does my room reek of confectionary, you ask? There's about a dozen rose bushes on our property, they're all in bloom at the moment (beautiful!) and one of them is the type they make attar of roses from. Gorgeous flowers too, very plump and luxuriant, deep red velvet petals.
I like roses. : )

On the list of things to get myself before I go on holidays (20 days and counting) is a back-pack.
I've got one already but it's made of cotton and it doesn't have a rigid back, plus it's not really big enough to hold a clip-board comfortably, let alone the rest of the stuff I tend to drag around with me when I go away. So I ventured forth in search of a new one. Ideally I was looking for something similar to the Pooh Bear back-pack the cubs' father got before he went overseas. That one was very good quality and roomy, and it's held up well to the rigours of his treatment of it since, but fond as I am of Pooh, I didn't consider getting one of my own because I resent that the 'bear of very little brain' is now owned by the Holy Rodent Empire - (Christopher Robin is English, dammit, he could at least be given an english accent). Incidentally, I've been after a DBZ back-pack for ages but they are very hard to find here now, and prohibitively expensive on ebay.
Needless to say, I didn't find a DBZ back-pack, and while there were some very nice - and quite expensive - types around I managed to find one that suits me very well. It's black, with purple pockets and trim (purple is a colour I have a huge affinity with at the moment), was a little over half the price of the next most expensive brand, and my purple plastic drink bottle (remember that?) fits snugly into one of the side pockets. ^.^ *bouncing, happy Lutra* (Heh, doesn't take an awful lot to make me happy. :)
And now that I've got my back-pack I need, of course, pretty-shinys to hang off it. Hn, I've already got a Blossom (PowerPuff Girls) clippy thing, and there is that pink fish keyring Joules sent me... *grin*

No comments: