Wednesday, October 09, 2002

*happy squeak*
I got a parcel from Joules today! It was waiting on my doorstep when I woke up, but instead of tearing straight into it, I made myself wait until I'd gotten home from dropping the cubs off at school, got online and opened it 'in front of' Joules, so to speak.
The parcel was so full of stuff, where do I start?
Food - that's a good start. A box of chocolate and a box of strawberry pocky. (Just finished the choc ones, saving the strawberry for later.. Yum!! I think a shopping trip to one of the china towns around here is in order now.) Also a (square, pink) foil packet of something called 'hula hoops', delicious, savoury little round snacky things, and packet of turkish delight flavoured hot chocolate, and another hot chocolate that has marshmallows to sprinkle on it! *mmm, sugar... happy Lutra*
But wait! There's more...
A pink dolphin key-ring; a little set of windchimes with neat hot pink, clear plastic spikey star things; a 'backed up' (not pirated, you understand) copy of the Lord of the Dance cd, and another cd full of goodies that I'll have to wait to view until the cubs aren't around *grin*; a hot pink body-puff and wonderful smelling orange and ginger soap; a piece of Zhaneer stone (rich, midnight blue with sparkles in it); some postcards of Glastonbury Tor (on my list of places to go when I get to the UK) and crop circles; a Cheddar Gorge pen with a 'floatie' bus in it (thanks, Carol! I love tourist tat!); some chinese 'ghost money' and a beautiful little mermaid figurine that has a snow dome with fish in it! (Carol said it was perfect for me, and yes, well, I've gotta agree. *dopey grin* I like mermaids - half woman/half fish, what more could I want?)
Right, is that everything? I think so.. and Kittenkong had loads of fun playing with the wrapping. ^_^
Thank you, Joules! *GLOMPS*
But the best bit was Joules sent the parcel by surface mail, cos it's quite heavy, and the post office said it would take 3 - 6 weeks. "Nah," I said knowledgeably, "3 weeks, tops. The postal service between the UK and Aus is pretty good."
*snigger* The parcel was sent on friday 4th of October, I got it today, wednesday the 9th - that was faster than air mail!!

... mind you, I'm still waiting for the lobster salt and pepper shakers to turn up from the US. Should be patient, they were only sent *counts on fingers* six weeks ago...

No comments: