Sunday, October 13, 2002

We had a brilliant thunderstorm late last night! Heavy, driving rain and bright, bright flashes of lightning...
I had to get off-line cos of the lightning, no surge protector on the computer you see, but that wasn't a problem, it was past time for bed anyway.
There was a particularly big bolt of lightning followed by a loud thunderclap. I lay in bed and waited...
3... 2... 1...
'Mummy, I'm scared, can I sleep with you?'
*grin*
Fortunately it was only one cub, and he was back asleep within seconds, so I still got a decent amount of sleep - which I needed, because...

The cubs and I went to Scienceworks today with a friend from school, Sarah, and her mum, Penny. The cubs had been to Scienceworks earlier in the week on a school excursion, had a great time and wanted to go back. There was nothing else planned (their father was working) and I had a little spare money, so we went.
The first weekend after the school hols is a great time to go to places like this, because most families are saying - 'Go out this weekend? Sod that, we've just had two weeks of things like that, we want to stay home!' :)
I like Scienceworks, it's a kids' museum loaded with things to prod and push and turn and giggle at (there were 4 exhibits that dealt with pooh, the boys loved them). Unfortunately though, it's built for chibis, so everything is at chibi height - got a sore back from all the stooping, but it was worth it. We also went to the Planetarium which is always marvelous, very trippy, and had a look around the old Sewrage Pumping Station (not in use anymore, in case you're wondering *grin*) going 'corr!' at the massive old steam engines there. The curator person thing started up one of these turn of the (last) century machines; it was amazingly quiet, and so smooth in running, coins could be balanced on their edges on the moving pistons. Dead impressed, let me tell you. All in all a great day.

Heh, I was hoping to have the next part of Silk & Leather finished by tonight. Needless to say, it's not. I really must stop being so hopelessly optimistic about writing on the weekends. :)

No comments: