Thursday, October 03, 2002

Fifth Element is one of my favourite movies! Love it, visually it's just beautiful, the costumes, the sets... The characterisations all work well, imho, (especially Chris Rock's Ruby Rod. He has me in hysterics every time I watch the movie - and his clothes! Whoa, baby! Gaultier translates brilliantly from the cat-walk to the screen) and Bruce Willis looks like he's having FUN.
My other fav movies (in no particular order) - Singing in the Rain, Spartacus - (do you like Gladiator movies, Timmy?), Die Hard, Terminator - the first one, not the all-gloss-no-substance sequel, Austin Powers - again, the first one, not impressed with the second and haven't seen the third, Velvet Goldmine, Big Trouble in Little China, any of Connery's Bonds, Blade Runner, and Twenty Minutes into the Future which was the dark, cyperpunkish British movie that the Max Headroom series came from. There's more, probably, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

No comments: