Tuesday, June 17, 2003

*excited squeak*
Just read on someone's livejournal that the new Pixar film, 'Finding Nemo' has the ''...89 short, 'Knick Knack' with it...'
Now, if this the one I think it is (about a snowman trying to get out of his snowdome and go visit the 'Greetings from..' mermaid who's been giving him a come-on) I will be absolutely frigging over-the-moon!
I saw that, and a couple of other Pixar shorts about 13(?) years ago at an animation evening at one of the indie cinemas here. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen and I've been desperate to see it again! But then, Pixar's shorts have always been these quirky, hysterical little things that are some of the best computer animation I've ever come across... Their features aren't bad either, think Toy Story, Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., even though they are nominally under the Holy Rodent Empire's control and hence tend to be a bit saccharine. But speaking of Monsters Inc, there was a short with that called 'For the Birds', and I wet myself laughing over that one as well. : ) It's almost worth buying the HRE dvd's of these movies simply to get the Pixar shorts...

No comments: