Monday, June 09, 2003

Sad but true – it is much more fun and relaxing going to mum's without my cubs.

Yes, I had a good time thanks : ) Mum didn't repeat herself too often, though she still thumps my arm when she wants my attention... tch.

Got to the train station an hour earlier than I'd arranged with Mum so hefting my bag and purple back-pack (remember that?) I headed over the road to check out some op-shops. Not a lot I was interested in but I got a couple of pairs of tracky dacks for the cubs and a couple of books for me before I trotted back to the station to wait for Mum. For some reason, not sure why, there's music played over the loud-speakers at this station, primarily Classical and Country & Western... something for everyone I guess. : )

Had a quiet evening and got a little more patchwork done before bedtime.

Saturday was fun, I got my hair cut. My hair's been longish for so long I really had no idea what I wanted though I was tempted to ask for something outrageous just to see the hairdresser's face before she tried to diplomatically talk me out it. Decided on something just above shoulder-length, shaped and layered slightly. Had a good 2/3rd's of the length taken off but because my hair is so fine there was no discernible difference in the weight. Still feels a little scratchy on the back of my neck, but on the whole I'm satisfied. : )

Yesterday, Sunday, Mum and I, and a friend of hers, Wendy, went to a Patchwork and Craft show at a local school. Interesting, some of the things were lovely, obviously a lot of work gone into them, but there were a lot of 'country craft' things... quilts with chickens and cows and pigs.... Romantic pseudo-farm life things cos as we all know, farming is such a happy, idyllic way of life.

The cubs and their father weren't home when I got back so I had time to unpack and get myself sorted out. The cubs noticed within a minute that I'd cut my hair and they liked it, their father, on the other hand, either didn't notice (he took himself to bed soon after they got back – poor tired thing) or he thought it looked crap but he wasn't willing to say. : )

I was quite pleased to see the washing up had been done and put away.. and then I found out the cubs have had take-away 4 times this weekend so there's been no dishes to wash. Oh well, at least all the food I bought for their father to feed them can be used over the next few days instead of having to buy more.

(Btw, this morning the cubs' father informed me that my haircut suited me and that he thought I 'should've gone short ages ago.' Well, gosh, thanks for the input.)


Now, I've always pronounced Lutra with the short 'u' sound - *thinking* - which I spose means it should be spelt Luttra cos otherwise it should be pronounced Luetra... eh, phonetics.. I'll stick with my pronunciation...


The next AC is planned, so is the next Cat House Ellis, and the 2nd part of Leech...


[Oh, hab'lan *snugglenuzzle* I love coming home! The bower always looks so welcoming... ]


As for a gremlin...

Carli has purple skin, lavender hair, extendable fangs, BIG black eyes and dragonfly wings. She's very sweet and quite shy, though she loves dressing up – the (historically accurate) can-can outfit is quite... interesting. She really fancies Murphy, and Butch, but I suspect they'd have to physically drag her off cos she's just too bashful to approach them...

No comments: