Thursday, January 15, 2004

I'll never be able to listen to the Bay City Rollers' 'Bye, Bye, Baby' again without bursting into tears but the fluffy bunny romantic is very happy.
Soulsis and I went to see 'Love Actually' last night. Gods I haven't laughed/cried so much in a movie for a long time - kind of embarrassing, really. : ) Lovely, lovey British comedy written by Ben Elton (so it was very sharp in places) with an extensive cast culled from nearly every Brit show on telly at the moment except 'The Bill'. I want to see it again. <g>

The cubs and I watched a cartoon movie on the Holy Rodent Empire channel yesterday - 'Time Kid'. It was pretty dire, even for HRE. Based loosely (if not nicked wholesale) from H.G. Wells 'Time Machine' it involved a teenage boy from 1902 using his father's time machine to go into the future to find said father. 10,000 years ahead of his own time he meets the 'Lumans', surface dwellers whose food is provided for them by the 'Submen'. Morlocks and Eloi, anyone? I couldn't help smirking, though, when one of the pretty Luman was dragged beneath the ground as payment for the food. (Actually, the Submen used the Lumen's mental abilities to power their machines but that wasn't my first thought <smirk>). The Submen were kind of attractive too, in a Beast from X-men sort of way with long, beaded hair, piercings and tattoos. Heh. All in all there were worse ways to spend 75 minutes of my life.

(nicked from Joules' blog, about my dalek/ham-hams comment yesterday:)
[gets out 'lestrel's mallet and waves threateningly] Yeah, highly appropriate, both species want to take over the world....
Heh, I'd rather be ruled by cute and fluffy than metal and monotone, any day!

... and then there was this...
I have been told to hurry up and watch YnM: Lutra wants to rave at me about one of the characters in particular.
Just one? <evil grin>


No comments: