Friday, January 30, 2004

I've been going through some of my old notebooks and rediscovered this, a lovely example of Chinglish I found on the packaging for a toy ages ago.
Bear in mind this was all on the same box...
Good Friend Fishing Game Who Fishes Best!
Sound a Beautiful Music!
Modern and Elegant in Fashion!
Most New Craze!
Cute, ne?

Gods, the things I do for my children...
I'm not much of a morning person, none of us are in this house, but it's me that has to get the cubs up and ready for school. How do I motivate two grumpy and resistant children out of bed and off to breakfast? By being a genki-girl at them until they wake a little more and are in better moods. Let me tell you, happy/bouncy is not a natural state for me within 2 minutes of crawling out of bed - takes at least an hour for that to kick in. : )

The integrated topic for this term at the cubs' school is Art & Artists.
Finally, something I know something about! Told the boys we could go and visit the Gallery (that houses Melbourne's international art collection - it's recently reopened after four years of renovations) sometime and they decided they wanted to go this weekend. Sure! <bg> I'm sure we can manage that. Heh, then I can suss out if they've got any Howard Arkly prints in the gift-shop, or if they can get a copy of one of Klimt's paintings of a beech forest...

Picked up 2 more of the plastic storage boxes today - that's 2 more fairy-steps in the right direction. : )
Also picked up some photos I had in for processing (very glad they found yours, Joules!) including a couple of films from 4-5 years ago. Very interesting looking at the old photos and remembering what was going on at the time. I've still got another dozen or so unprocessed films that range from 3-6 years old. I'll go through slowly and get them processed. I'm not even sure what's on some of them! I know there's still photos from my first Blue Mountains trip somewhere amongst the lot, though I'm not sure if they'll have worked, my constant photographic companion ('Spocky') was on his last legs at that stage. Oh well, if the shots were ruined by a dying camera then I'll just have to go up and take some more. Hee.


No comments: