Monday, January 26, 2004

(nicked from Joules' blog:)
And another wee update: she's out of her hide and very conveniently stretched up against the tank wall, so we could measure her. Diagonally (from toe to toe of her longest legs: not sure if that's the right way to measure a spider but it's how we'll do it for consistency's sake) she's now almost two and half inches long, so she's grown an inch in three weeks. The hairs are a really lovely shade of pink!
... what was that I was saying earlier about new mums? <smirk>
You could make a little growth chart for her, to stick on the side of her tank. That'd be cute. : )

It was just sposed to be the cubs and I going to the beach today but their father woke up in time for them to invite him along as well. (We don't do things en famille all that often. Sure, the cubs' father and I are seperated but we're still friendly, and the cubs love it when we do things all together. The only thing I have to be wary of is slipping back into the old patterns of behaviour, like automatically deferring to the cubs' father. Heh, but I'm aware of that now so can more easily stop myself doing it.)
It was fun at the beach, not hot but the water was quite warm. The cubs happily got soaked while I only paddled. I'm glad I put big pockets in the trousers I made - I forgot to bring a plastic bag with me to carry the multitude of shells I scooped up with such glee. : ) It's interesting, at the beach in Adelaide there was only one or two different types of shells available, monochromatic but beautiful, where we were today there was easily a dozen different types with an amazing range of colours from whites, through golds, greys, purples and almost licorice-type blacks. Gorgeous!

This came from my housemate - it's no: 11 on the list of tips for 'If I become an Anime Villain(ess)'.
Whips, chains are fun. But they should be used sparingly unless I want to appear in yaoi fics for the rest of my born days.
<giggling> I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you? : )

Oh, really cute little graphics, Talon - the thought of 'geta as a bunny-boy seems oddly appropriate... <refusing to look too closely at that cos there's waaay too much pending as it is... >

No comments: