Friday, January 23, 2004

I've been bonding with my new plushie otter Soulsis gave me as an early birthday present. I'm calling him Otterly - cos he's otterly gorgeous! : )

Had a family day at the zoo today - my mum, Soulsis, myself and allll the children. It was good, actually; tiring, certainly but still fun. We didn't try and get around to everything, just the critters we really wanted to see. Bears, seals (which my cubs have fallen in love with), otters (though there was so many people I couldn't get close enough to really indulge : ( , elephants (in their new enclosure), giraffes, hoofed things and the tapir. Didn't get to the frogs, or the platypus and reptiles (which is something the cubs really wanted to see) but we'll go again soon. The gift shop, as always, was fun. That's where Soulsis got my otter! He really is lovely all the more so because he's a river otter. For some reason otter toys tend to be modelled after sea-otters... <rude noise> Like they're cuter or something. Tch.
The cubs talked me into buying them a plush 4 foot long snake each. They (the cubs) looked very fetching this evening, clad in nothing but their underpants and these colourful snakes draped over their shoulders... <shakes head>

Oooh! Forgot to mention - I've got a place in the Library course this year! Got the letter yesterday, just as I was beginning to think they'd a: forgotten me, or b: refused me a place and neglected to tell me.
Only planning on taking on one or two subjects per term though; it's been a decade since I've done any study, don't want to overload myself straight away (that and I still have a life to get on with.) Hn, should be interesting to see how this impacts with my writing. Heh, well I knew I needed to be more organised with my time, this could be the perfect opportunity. : )

No comments: